You will realize that I have left certain items off these list. Either the hospital will provide (ask if unsure) or you genuinely will not need it!
- COMFY CLOTHES!
- “Going home” outfit
- Paperwork & identification – insurance card, drivers license/ID, birth plan, anything else they require
- Slippers & socks – not flip flops because it’s cold!
- Postpartum girdle/wrap – I have
- Prenatals/medication (some hospitals provide) – make sure you’re receiving/taking stool softener!
- Toiletries – shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush/paste, deodorant, body wash, loofa, etc
- Hair accessories – ties, Bobby pins, wrap, etc
- Hair products – gel, leave in conditioner, et
- Body lotion – helps with stretch marks!
- Breastcare – nipple cream, heat/ice compressions
- Nursing accessories – Boppy pillow (some hospitals provide), cover, burp clothes
- Cell phone charger
- Camera (if not using phone)
- Slippers & socks
- Pillow &a blanket (some hospitals provide, but not comfy)
- Life necessities – wallet, medication, phone/charger, glasses, etc
- “First outfit” & “Going home” clothes
- Mittens, caps & socks
- Car seat**
- Toy accessories – these are mostly props for pictures
I will cover the Do Not Need’s on Friday and give you the explanation why! This is all based off of my experience and what the hospital provided me.